Oaxaca, Mexico. Known for it’s ability to bring joy and disgust to my taste buds all at once. The rumors are true: the 80 million flavors of mole are mouth watering, the mezcal is disturbingly strong, the Oaxaceños are incredibly accommodating, and the grasshoppers are a delicacy I could barely stand to see. It is safe to say that my first trip to Mexico without my family had its moments of , “My mom would definitely not approve of this”, and “Maybe this is a bad idea”, yet was still a success. Would I recommend this beautiful state in Mexico? Definitely. Would I do it differently? Also, yes. The regret of not making the 8 hour trip from downtown Oaxaca to Oaxaca’s beautiful beaches is very much present. Enjoy.
- Boulenc – the coolest indoor/outdoor space with hot chocolate & bread
- Catedral – cute space with hot chocolate, bread, fruit, pancakes, everything!
- Los Danzantes – sexy, dark vibe with really good dessert and drinks
- Mezquite – relaxing rooftop restaurant with a beautiful view, drinks and burgers!!
- Monte Alban and Hierva de Agua – sights to visit – I booked a tour with Bamba Experience that was amazing.
- Stayed in an AirBnB in the city centre that allowed this trip to be very walkable. Explore the beautiful churches, street art, museums, gardens and restaurants by foot! It’s good for you 🙂
All content is a L.A. CORONA original unless otherwise posted.